Match Report


Sat 13 Nov 10

TWO goals in five second half minutes gave Lincoln a much needed win at injury-hit Morecambe. The home side had the lead at the break thanks to a Phil Jevons goal after just five minutes. Mark Duffy swung in a corner from the right, Will Haining flicked it on and the Shrimps' striker was on hand to poke the loose ball home from close range. After the early shock Lincoln came back into the game and Luke Howell saw a sixth minute effort cleared off the line by Chris McCready after a slick move. The Imps also forced Barry Roche into two decent saves from distance as Mustapha Carayol and Ashley Grimes both had efforts from distance on target. Lincoln were rewarded for their efforts with an eqiualiser on 52 minutes. Albert Jarett swung in a cross from the right and Moses Swaibu had the freedom of the Morecambe penalty area to head past Roche from six yards out. Five minutes later the visitors were ahead. Gavin Hoyte swung in a cross from the right and Ashley Grimes nipped in front of his marker to direct the ball wide of Roche's right hand from 12 yards out. Delroy Facey went close to making it 3-1 but headed against the post. Morecambe ended the game on the front foot but their best effort came in injury time when Scott Brown's shot was deflected inches over the bar. Morecambe boss Sammy McIlroy was forced to make several changes to his starting line up this afternoon. Craig Stanley is suspended while Andy Parrish, Andy Fleming and Stewart Drummond miss out through illness and injury. Jim Bentley returns with Scott Brown Garry Hunter in midfield. Morecambe: Roche; McCready, Haining, Bentley, Wilson; Hunter, Brown, Rundle, Duffy; Jevons, Mullin. Subs: Walker, Spencer, Hendrie, Capaldi, Cowperthwaite, Clark. Lincoln City:  Anyon; Hoyte, Swaibu, Gowling, Clapham; Jarrett, Kerr, Howell, Carayol; Hutchinson, Grimes. Subs: Anderson, McCallum, O'Keefe, Facey, Musselwhite, Miller, Hughton. Ref: N MIller.
    Data provided by Press Association

    Recent Match Reports