Morecambe FC has a well-established youth Development Centre with qualified coaches working with age groups from Under 6s to Under 16s.
Players train each week and also represent the club in regular fixtures.
The Development Centre is a proven pathway for young players to progress to the Club’s EPPP Academy and other opportunities in sport.
Player recruitment is undertaken through invitation to trial. Initial enquiries should be made by email to:
The Development Centre forms part of the Club’s youth development strategy and follows the ethos of the Academy:
Morecambe FC Academy Mission Statement
• Developing a recruitment programme that will attract the best young players by demonstrating a commitment to quality and a caring environment.
• Promoting inclusion from parents/guardians/ carers. By regular informing them of developments and creating an environment that they feel confident enough to be part of the player’s journey at Morecambe.
• Investing in staff that are involved in the Youth Programme, including coaches, medical, sports science and scouts, by support and identifying training needs and professional development.
• Promoting a philosophy that strives for excellence in everything we do both on and off the pitch, thus becoming a standard for best practice. [in the football community]
• Encouraging and achieving a style of play that embodies the game of football in terms of technical, tactical, mental, physical excellence with passion and commitment, to win with style.
• Ensuring players are educated and supported in all aspects of the game, including fitness and conditioning medical, diet and nutrition, thus producing athletes that will cope and thrive with the demands of today’s modern game.
• Regular evaluation of our practice in all areas, being honest enough to recognise areas of improvement and being skilful enough to implement an appropriate strategy.
• Regularly informing players of their development both technically and physically as well as pro-social development. Creating an environment of trust to ensure that the player is confident enough to take full part in their future development.
• Always focussing on the ultimate objective to ensure that the players in our care reach their ‘’full potential’’
Morecambe FC Academy