Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

27 January 2018 Venue Globe Arena Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


27 January 2018

Malvind Benning’s 94th minute goal dies Morecambe a valuable point at the Globe Arena.

The Shrimps were forced into an early substitution as Steve Old pulled up with a pulled glute whilst Morecambe looked to grow into the game with the midfield certainly looking dominant. Link-up play between Rose, Lang and Fleming created many chances for Morecambe, with the first clear-cut one falling to Luke Conlan whose first-time strike whispered over the bar.

Confidence within the Morecambe team grew and more pressure was applied to the Mansfield defence. It was only a matter of time before a defensive error from Krystian Pearce led to Callum Lang taking the ball around the goalkeeper to put Morecambe 1-0 up in the 31st minute.

Morecambe took firm control over the game for the remaining minutes of the first half with continued high pressure and liquid passing.

Mansfield Town reacted and immediately after the whistle blew for the start of the second half, Morecambe were put on the back foot.

Mansfield's players used more width and exploited the wings which led to an increase in crosses into Barry Roche's box.

Muller and Lavelle remained resilient in Morecambe's defence by producing clearing headers and big challenges but the constant pressure got too much in the 70th minute when a squared ball found itself to Mansfield striker Danny Rose in the centre of the area, which resulted in him tucking the ball away to make it 1-1.

With the scores level again, Jim Bentley looked to fight fire with fire by bringing on Gary Thompson and Aaron Wildig for Callum Lang and Alex Kenyon.

The end of the second half witnessed end-to-end football between the two sides and a shot which took a touch of Malvind Benning sent Barry Roche the wrong way to give Mansfield the lead 4 minutes into stoppage time.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account