Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

30 March 2018 Venue The County Ground Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


30 March 2018

MORECAMBE produced a fine performance to earn another solid point.

The Shrimps sealed their third draw in succession although it could have been more as the home side sere gifted a path back into the game by a soft second half penalty

The Shrimps were leading 1-0 at the break through Callum Lang when referee Kevin Johnson gave the home side the softest of penalties to give Phil Brown’s side a lifeline after seeing some pushing and shoving in the box.

Luke Norris sent Dan N.he wrong way from the spot but some solid defending once again by the Shrimps helped them survive a Swindon onslaught to pick up the point.
Morecambe boss Jim Bentley made two changes to the side that drew with Lincoln last week with Green Wylde and Luke Conlan coming back into the side in place Patrick Brough and Kevin Ellison who both dropped to the bench.

The Shrimps suffered an early setback when they lost keeper Barry Roche after just 10 minutes to a calf injury.

The sides exchanged chances in the early stages with Luke Norris shooting inches wide on the turn from the edge of the box and volleying a right wing cross inches wide before Morecambe threatened themselves with Lang forcing a save with a header from Luke Conlan’s dangerous ball into the area.

Both defences were forced to make excellent blocks with Oliver denied by Purkiss and Aaron McGowan did well to foil Taylor’s attempt from the edge of the box.

Morecambe took the lead two minutes from the break as the Shrimps produced a clinical counter attack.

Vadaine Oliver was quick to see Callum Lang ahead of him and his pass gave the young striker a free run on goal and he made no mistake with a cool finish to beat Stuart Moore.

Swindon almost equalised moments later. Matt Taylor swung in a left wing corner which was met by Ben Purkiss at the near post but his header was superbly tipped onto the post by substitute keeper Nizic.

Both defences were forced to make excellent blocks with Oliver denied by Purkiss and Aaron McGowan did well to foil Taylor’s attempt from the edge of the box.

After Norris’s spot kick the home side looked the more threatening with Marc Richards wasting their best chance when he failed to find the open net from six yards out after being found byTaylor’s cross.

Morecambe were forced to defend for long periods again with Steve Old blocking a goal bound Ollie Banks shot, Norris firing straight at Nizic and both Kayne Woolery and Purkiss going close in the final moments.

The Shrimps once again defended the pressure well and picked up a deserved draw to take them a step closer to League 2 safety.

Swindon: Moore, Purkiss, Menayese, Dunne, Hussey (rep Mullin 80), Knoyle, Banks, Taylor, Anderson (rep McDermott 85), Richards(rep Woolery 80), Norris. Subs not used: Henry, Robertson, Elsnik, Gordon.

Morecambe: Roche (rep Nizic 10), Old, Winnard, Lavelle, McGowan (rep Wildig 70), Rose, Kenyon, Conlan, Wylde, Lang (rep Lang 78), Oliver. Subs not used: Brough, Campbell, Fleming, Thompson.

Ref: K Johnson.

Att: 6,368.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account