Huge blow as striker suffers hip injury
JACK Redshaw is set to be out of action for between five and seven months after a scan today revealed he needs an operation on a hip injury.
Last season’s top scorer Redshaw picked up the injury against Burnley on Tuesday evening and what looked to be a fairly innocuous niggle has turned into a something far more serious.
And the news comes just as the Shrimps revealed that they turned down a six figure bid for the player from an unnamed club.
Manager Jim Bentley said it was a “huge blow’’ to his preparations for the League 2 season.
He said: “It is a massive loss for us and a huge blow for Jack as well.
“He is absolutely devastated and can’t believe that he is going to be out for so long. He needs an operation and will be on crutches for some time and I don’t think we will see him until some time in 2014.
“But we have to maintain our belief and as I often say, where one door closes another opens and it gives others a chance to show what they can do and make their mark. “The lads have been brilliant so far and I am sure that with the togetherness we have we can
put this to the back of our minds and look forward to seeing Jack back in action in the second half of the season.’’
Talking about the rejected bid Bentley said: "The bid was a large one for Jack but I am delighted that the board backed me and turned it down. "It shows that despite the financial climate they were prepared to keep a player who was an important part of our plans an integral to what we are trying to build here.''