Morecambe FC 2nd cheapest in League 2
Morecambe Football Club & the cost of Football:
At the end of last week the BBC released their 2013 ‘cost of football’ findings. This report asked every professional & semi-professional football club in the UK to provide the cost of 4 key items within a day out at their football club, the full list of costs requested are below;
• The cheapest season ticket including early bird pricing
• The most expensive season ticket bought without hospitality included
• The cheapest ticket price available to an adult must be available for all league games
• The most expensive match ticket without hospitality
• The cost of the match day programme
• The cost of a pie
• The cost of a cup of tea
Now we are of course delighted to report that Morecambe Football Club has been found to be the 2nd cheapest day out in League 2 and in the top five least expensive days out in the whole football league. At £21 for an Adult ticket, pie, drink & a programme, Morecambe Football Club are working extremely hard to give value for money but we believe the report doesn’t tell the full story.
Firstly our ‘least’ expensive adult match ticket @ £14 includes being able to bring along up to 3 under 14’s which equates to our match ticket actually costing only £3.50 per person. Secondly the £3 charged for our multi-award winning homemade pies also includes the option of adding peas and gravy and sauces at no further cost. So what we at Morecambe FC thought we would do is find out what the ‘real’ cost of a day out at this weekend’s game v Dagenham, for a Mum or Dad plus their 2 children and a friend*:
• Match tickets bought from the Club Shop (1 x adult + 3 x under 14’s) for the Omega Holidays Home Stand = £15
• 1 x Match Programme bought from the Club Shop = £3
• 1 x Pie/Peas/Gravy + a pint of Bitter bought from the Omega Holidays Stand concession = £5.40**
• 3 x Hot Dogs & a 3 x soft drinks = £12
Total spend for up to 3 hours*** in a family friendly safe environment = £35.40 or £8.85 per person
*The kids decided they wanted to go behind the goals because the atmosphere is better and Christie the Cat is there for photographs.
**New bar prices available from the game v Dagenham. Caffrey’s Bitter @ £2.40, Boddingtons @ £2.80 Carlsberg Lager @ £2.50, Carling & Becks @ £3 a pint at every bar.
***Entry into the ground @ 2pm with the players warming up from 2.15pm, leaving just after the final whistle.
Click on the links below to view and download our latest posters. All match posters are available to collect and distribute/put up in workplaces from Main Reception or the Club Shop in A4 or A3 size.