Our award winning Hospitality Team have a vacancy for a Bars Manager position.
Weddings, banquets, conferences and matchdays are all part of the varied events we deliver. Hands on approach, weekend working and a willingness to deliver a very high standard. Good salary, permanent position with good prospects.
A mixture of front of house and behind the scenes work, managing staff on a wide range of events, managing bars and hospitality rooms spread over 3 floors of the Globe Arena. Strict stock control and a high standard of cellar management
This is a full time position, offering an attractive salary dependant on experience. Working hours of 37.5 hours per week, varying shift patterns to include matchdays, evenings and weekends.
Main Roles / Responsibilities
• Reporting to Operations Manager or Deputy Operations Manager in the absence of the Operations Manager
• Opening up and securing of site at the end of the working day
• Provide support and leadership within the Events Team, providing the highest levels of customer service to a wide range of clients, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
• Meeting and exceeding client expectations for a wide array of events, including conferences, banquets, celebrations, weddings and matchday hospitality
• Management of staff within the events team
• Maintaining strict adherence of all licensing, hygiene and health and safety laws and policies
• Stock ordering & stock rotation, ensuring adequate supply of all products without exceeding purchasing budgets
Key Skills Required
• Adaptability to work hours as-and-when required, including evenings, weekends and split shifts, to meet the varying demands of the business
• Positive and friendly demeanour, dealing with members of the public and staff within the business
• Excellent communication skills, being able to convey information to clients, events staff and senior management
• Ability to work under pressure, to deal with multiple clients and events
• Previous Cellar Management experience, including real ale management
• Comfortable with cash handling, following strict cash handling and reconciliation procedures
• Experience of food and drink service
• Personal License holder
Applications can be sent via post to:
Morecambe Football Club
Email applications can be sent to:
Closing date for applications is Sunday 7th July 2019
Morecambe Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity.