Opportunity to join our academy medical team
We are looking to recruit a number of highly skilled and motivated casual academy therapists to join our category 3 academy. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for medical provision for the U9-16 squads on a casual basis. This is a very diverse role which will require excellent communication and organisational skills. In addition, they will work with the Lead Academy Physiotherapist to deliver with the academy injury clinic and match day program.
Provide medical support to all academy players under the direction of the Lead Academy Physiotherapist.
- Assist in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). Ensure that the necessary medical support services are present at Academy training sessions and games.
- Ensure that the management of injuries effectively meets the Club’s commitments to players, coaches and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate recovery and injury prevention strategies are adopted after games and on recovery days.
- Multi-disciplinary communication between staff, players and parents to ensure optimal well- being and development of all players.
- Meet all EPPP guidelines including the recording of all injuries suffered and rehabilitation undertaken by Academy players, and to be responsible for meeting criteria relating to the National Audit of Injury and Rehabilitation.
- Undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
- Maintain honesty and integrity at all times when working with players at the Club.
- Be presentable, smart and personable at all times when representing the Club.
- Undertake all reasonable tasks assigned by the Academy.
- BSc in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation
- Registration with the relevant governing body (e.g. HCPC/CSP/SST/STA/BASRAT)
- Personal Liability insurance
- Valid Enhanced DBS Check, or being willing to complete one
- Ability to travel to and from venues where needed
- Valid Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF)
- FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Experience in using PMA to record and report injury data
£40 per session.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com and should consist of a completed application form and a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria for the role.
Click here to download an application form.
The deadline for applications is Friday 23rd October.
Morecambe Football Club is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age or any other protected characteristic.
Morecambe Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all participants on our programmes and promotes robust policies to ensure that our staff and volunteers adhere to safe practices. The successful candidate will be subject to undertaking an enhanced DBS check and verification of qualifications and experience as well as successful references prior to employment.