Mental health is as important as physical health – we all have it and we all need to take care of it to feel happy and well. Everyone in Lancashire should understand their mental health and how to look after it, believes local mental health charity Lancashire Mind.
Did you know 1 in 4 people experience mental health condition every year? That includes football players, club staff, thousands of football fans and tens of thousands more people in Morecambe and across Lancashire.
That’s why Morecambe FC has teamed up with Lancashire Mind:
• To raise awareness on mental health/wellbeing
• Let you know what services and support is available to communities across Lancashire
• To raise money for the great work Lancashire do across the region.
This is part of a partnership between the EFL and the national charity Mind.
On Your Side
The Lancashire Mind team works with people of all ages to help develop resilience and wellbeing throughout the county. Their services range from coaching sessions to training on suicide prevention and include:
• Life-changing 1 to 1 coaching sessions for those struggling with their mental health
• Supporting children and young people with school programmes to boost their resilience
• Helping people over 50 gain new skills, tackle debt and return to work
• Providing housing and support so people with a mental health condition can live independently
Find out more about Lancashire Mind and the work they do at www.lancashiremind.org.uk
Take the mental health corner
Listen out online on matchday on 24 April when commentators will be raising awareness on mental health and the work we do – as the Shrimps take on Bolton Wanderers.
Lancashire Mind will also be pushing the mental health message centre & forward on social media from now until and on matchday. Please help by following them and sharing their tweets and posts.
Follow Lancashire Mind here:
How you can support
Join Morecambe FC players, supporters, club and Lancashire Mind staff and take on the #545LancsMindChallenge
One chance, five keep me ups. Share your attempt on social media, tag five friends to take on the challenge and donate £5 to Lancashire Mind. Find out more about the challenge at www.justgiving.com/campaign/545
A £5 donation could answer a call to someone in Lancashire seeking support for their mental health, provide them with detailed signposting information and get them the help they need when they need it most.
Players all need stamina on the pitch but we all need resilience in our everyday lives.