Dundee United goalkeeper Trevor Carson arrived at the Mazuma Stadium on a loan deal until the end of the 2021/22 campaign.
Following his arrival at the Mazuma Stadium, we thought it’d be apt to make you more familiar with our new shot-stopper!
- The 33-year-old has 360 career appearances to his name and has kept a total of 86 clean sheets to-date.
- Carson has also played three times in the Europa League Qualifying stage for Motherwell, against Glentoran and Coleraine in Northern Ireland, and Hapoel Beer Sheva in Israel.
- The shot-stopper was born in Downpatrick, which is also the birthplace of Celtic goalkeeper Conor Hazard and comedian Patrick Kielty.
- A native Northern Irishman, Carson has made seven senior appearances for his county, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Carson also came through the Northern Irish ranks, representing the U17s, U19s, U20s and U21s collectively more than 40 times.
- Born on 5 March 1988, Carson shares a birthday with Manchester United captain Harry Maguire, comedian and actor Matt Lucas and Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante.
- In the 2015/16 season, Carson won Hartlepool United’s Players’ Player of the Year, Supporters’ Player of the Year and Community Player of the Year.
- Carson has worked with manager Stephen Robinson before, linking up at Scottish Premiership side Motherwell.
- Having played in an U21 3-0 defeat against Germany in Frankfurt on a Friday night, Carson flew home and played for Chesterfield the following afternoon in a 1-0 win over Rotherham.
- England international goalkeeper Jordan Pickford used to be Carson’s boot boy at Sunderland.