Our home match against Oxford United on Saturday 18 March 2023 will see Morecambe FC support #HerGameToo as we continue to back the battle against sexism in football.
Who Are #HerGameToo?
Founded in May 2021, #HerGameToo is a voluntary organisation run by female football fans; who are committed to growing the campaign with the aim of fostering an ethos in football in which women are welcomed and respected equally. Alongside working full-time in their day jobs, the team dedicate their hours around this to support the progression of HerGameToo.
At HerGameToo, the team see the value in everyone. They strive to be a catalyst for positive change, and they are driven by the same ideas they initially founded their Non-Profit Organisation upon: support, empowerment, and progress.
- Create awareness
- Develop a strong sense of community
- Create regular content to champion women in football (players, staff AND fans)
- Create strong relationships with clubs
- Create strong relationships with club trusts and communities
- Have a presence at football grounds and sports bars to build a more welcoming environment for young girls and women
- Continue to campaign against sexism in football
- Continue to campaign against online abuse
For more information on #HerGameToo, you can visit hergametoo.co.uk.
What Action Will We Be Taking?
To celebrate the day we will have a range of online and offline projects to best showcase our support to the ongoing work of HerGameToo.
HerGameToo information will be displayed around the stadium.
Players will wear HerGameToo t-shirts during the warmup of our match on 18 March.
We will also have a range of online content that will be shared across the week in the build-up to the fixture.
How Can You Get Involved?
HerGameToo are always seeking ambassadors from clubs up and down the country.
If you would like to be a HerGameToo Ambassador for Morecambe FC, check out the information at www.hergametoo.co.uk/get-involved.