Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

28 October 2017 Venue The New Lawn Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports


28 October 2017

MORECAMBE slipped into the bottom two after this defeat to Forest Green at the New Lawn.

A goal in either half was enough to give the Football League newcomers a third win in four games to overtake the Shrimps in the table.

Boss Jim Bentley made one change to the side that drew with Grimsby last week with Max Muller returning to the side in place of Dean Winnard,

Kevin Ellison returned from suspension and stared the game on the bench.

It was a game that once again saw the Shrimps enjoy a large amount of possession but fail to take their chances.

Morecambe started brightly and Vadaine Oliver was in action in the first minute when he was put through on goal but fired straight at home keeper Brad Collins.

Aaron Wildig failed to find the target when found free on the edge of the box and Forest Green defender Jack Fitzwater produced a fine clearance from Aaron McGowan’s dangerous cross.

But against the run of play the home side took the lead on the half hour with a well worked goal. The Shrimps failed to clear their lines from a corner and Keanu Marsh-Brown took advantage by linking up well with Isaiah Osborne with a neat one two that ended with Marsh-Brown slotting the ball under Barry Roche.

The Shrimps started the second half slowly with Steve Old forced to make a vital intervention to prevent a right wing cross from finding the unmarked Cristian Doidge.

But just as they looked to get back into the game Morecambe gave away a killer second goal.

The Shrimps had been forced to substitute Barry Roche with a head injury and Dan Nizic’s first action was to pick the ball out of the back of the net after Scott Laird’s inswinging free kick from the right took a deflection off the oustretched leg of Steve Old and the ball ended up in the back of the net.

Once the home side doubled their lead the Shrimps pushed forward with Andy Fleming forcing Collins into a save low to his left and Thompson seeing an effort deflected wide but once again the Shrimps, the league’s lowest scorers, drew another blank.

Forest Green: Collins, Bennett, Collins, Fitzwater, Laird, Traore (rep Bugiel 78), Osborne, Marsh-Brown (rep Monthe 78), Iacovetti, Brown, Doidge. Subs not used: Pickering, Randall, Roberts, Gomes, James.

Morecambe: Roche (rep Nizic 62), Kenyon (rep Ellison 53), Old, Muller, McGowan, Rose, Fleming, Conlan, Wildig (rep Thompson 73), Oliver, McGurk. Subs not used: Lavelle, Brough, Osborne, Lang.

Ref: Charles Breaspear.

Att: 2,515.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account